Monday, December 08, 2008

My brother started picking up a few cooking skills from my mom recently. First it was his delicious tiramisu, then the lemoncheesecake, now he can cook spaghetti, vegetables, soup, mushrooms etc.

But he adds wine in EVERYTHING; spaghetti, meat, mushrooms...the excuse he uses is that he needs to learn how to cook while mom and I are away at hongkong. But secretly, I think he's trying to cook for some girl :] He talks till 2am everynight and even closes the door. They say sisters are all VERY nosy, and its true :P Maybe he wants to get her drunk and confess his love to her HAHA.

Enough of the teasing, I already have at least two people who wants to go after me lol :D

Lucky I'm not drunk from his wine dishes yet, there's still a gazillion things I have to do! Pictures from sentosa, cookie baking, some from farewell, and other random stuff.




Here are the ones from saturday, just a few cause they're only cookies anyway.

爱心 cookies! To the person who's gonna receive them, we spent 6 hours baking the two big batches k! (its actually cause my oven is abit small) Started at 4pm, ended at 10pm. Sorry ashley for making you wait for an hour, I was still in the choiroom and there were some stuff about the costumes ):

We found a suitable salon where ashley got hair cut, now she's got short hair and I personally think it looks quite nice. Just the type I've always wanted, just that I haven't done it yet. We kept sms-ing while she was getting her hair cut, cause she can't turn her head. Funny thing was, I've dreamt of the exact scene before, just that she smiled at me instead of replying to my sms. I think I can predict the future or something, because I always have these dejavu feelings. Problem is, I only remember the dream after it has really happened in real life D:


After that it was shopping for ingredients at NTUC, idk why they have to freaking put the sugar so far away from the baking ingredients section -__- Bought our stuff from ali's counter but she's not supposed to talk to us lol ):

Our stomachs were growling by then, so we settled with three bowls of cupnoodles and finally started on the baking. Here's the final product, don't they look great? (default answer is YES)


top view


side view! That's not everything, btw.


our first try. The instrution said "bake at 375 for 8 minutes", but my oven's max temperature is 260 so we baked it for 12 minutes instead. I don't know why it turned out like that -__-


the cookie dough:

our 2nd batch (some are already in the oven by the time I took this photo)


Halfway through (at around 8pm), we took a break for 20 minutes to get my wallet. My mom went with us cause its supposed to be my christmas present O:


Very pretty IMO. Its white and there's the metal label whatever-you-call-it thingy so I have to take really good care of it, can't throw it all around like the old wallet ):

This thing costs 39.90 bucks
, it isn't as nice as the white ELLE wallet (L) but that is freaking 109 bucks -.- I'm so NOT gonna wait till christmas to use it.


Ashley and I were supposed to get our 1 for 1 starbucks drink (only 2 + per person!) but my mom had to rush home ): Last date is 7th dec, which was yesterday, so I can throw this thing alway already T.T Got it when KY ash and I were at starbucks late at night after steamboating at SY's house.

Its only been 3 weeks since Olevels ended, but it feels like two months has passed by already.



Back at home..

Ashley with the 1st batch. It was the "screwed up batch" cause we put too much flour and mixed up all the steps. It surprisingly turned out fine, so we continued baking them after we were done with the 2nd batch :D

The last ones to be put into the oven, took the photo at 9+pm!

That's where we do the mixing and shaping and everything!


the last batch, which I forgot to take out until the next morning -__- (this is not baked yet)



and when everything was FINALLY done:


ashley's share


peixuan's! Of course I must let the 大师 taste it right! If I 过关,that means I'm a step closer to being the next 大师! ~


xyz's share! sorry about the tissue there, its CLEAN kitchen roll tissue k!


the remaining, which I'll distribute to any random person LOL.



Well, I gave 8 to terie today as a "farewell" present! I made it too obvious that I was preparing something though (heating up the cookies). Was supposed to wake up at 9am to send terie off, but I overslept and only woke up at 945! Just when I was about to call her, I saw an sms that read "We're leaving at 10! :D"

Heng ah, so I quickly got changed, brushed my teeth, popped them in the microwave (no time for the oven) and brought them down with a plate and aluminium foil LOL. Hello terie if you're reading this, HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRIP, I'LL SEE YOU ON 4TH JANUARY AND I'LL REALLY MISS YOU ALOT ):



I packed my wardrobe after that. Threw out alot of clothes I don't wear anymore, while some can be given away. I'm REALLY REALLY proud of myself because it looks very neat now :D


tadahhh!

Tshirts, jeans, cardigans, tanks, other tops, skirts, fbts, belts, undergarments, cca tees, socks on top.

Shorts and casual clothes I wear at home plus some clothes I won't wear but want to keep on second rack.

Bags I seldom use, caps, stockings, more belts, and other assorted stuff at the bottom!



The other closet with uniforms in front, dresses next, and kiddy clothes at the back!



Packing makes me feel happy, I wonder why my room's so messy -__-



Off to do other stuff now!

No comments: